Sunday, December 19, 2010

Groundhog Day in December

Kuba decided to continue hibernating for another 6 weeks.
It happened again. The Sens score 3 or more goals,  outshoot their opponents and lose in overtime. Some of the players are saying that they are missing the killer instinct. I would say that they're missing the defensive instinct. And Mr. Clouston, please stop with the trap when you have the lead. That sh!t never works. Oldest hockey cliche # 2: your best defense is great offense. It works. Yellow ties with black dots don't.

Bill Murray-ian Effort

Alfie scored another goal which now brings his total to 3 in 3 games. Looks like the Alfie-Fisher-Foligno line is starting to come together which is great news. Now if the Spezza line can start getting some points on the board (and stop being a wimp), the Sens will have 2 strong offensive units. Now they should find a way to fix that defense thing, which is kinda important.

Scared of Their Own Shadow

So you figure that scoring 5 goals would be enough to win a game. You figured wrong. This defense is porous  at best. It would be easy to continue to point out that everyone's favorite shot blocking Russian left a big hole on the defense, but he's only one dude. You can't replace a defender of his ilk with an offensive minded Dman like Gonchar. Too many puck moving cats, and not enough defensemen that thrive on playing...well...defense. PS Kuba was terrible once again.

I'm Such a Douch-ene Bag

In my last post, I said that I was looking forward to seeing Duchene play since we don't get exposed to much Western hockey. Well he showed the Sens why he's a young star on the rise. Smarts, speed and that killer instinct I spoke about earlier. His goal in OT demonstrated how vulnerable the Ottawa defensive can be...and is. Fun to see him play. Not so fun seeing him take care of business against the Sens.

The Header is Alright

I upgraded my blog's header image. From a Chevette to a Cadillac. This is due to using Photoshop instead of Paint. This is my first time using the program and it was a bit frustrating, but I'm pretty happy with the results. I also created the pic for this post (Kuba-hog) and I'm hoping to do some more...well at least until the Photoshop trial runs out.

Capital Cup is going down tonight. Caps. Sens. 2 struggling teams playing on a Sunday. Should be a barn burner.

-MP

2 comments:

  1. Love the header pic. I think I see my house.

    Minor typo "I would sat that they're missing the defensive instinct." Likely meant "say"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Fixed the typo. Good looking out.

    ReplyDelete